Meet Our Authors: artnivora_std
Today we’re catching up with some of the people behind graphics team artnivora_std. Their Envato Elements portfolio is full of all kinds of graphics items from fonts to product mockups.
If you’re passionate about your work, it’ll shine through in your designs.
Artnivora_std Envato Author
Introduce yourself to the community!
Hello to the Author Community! Allow us to introduce ourselves—Artnivora Studio (AKA artnivora_std). Perhaps you’ve already heard of us, but don’t worry if you haven’t. You can get to know us now!
Artnivora Studio started as a one-person venture led by Jhon Ivan. Over time, he brought in some of his cherished friends to work on this journey together, and now we’ve grown into a team of 16 talented members.
We are a team of graphic designers, and our focus encompasses a wide range of creative areas, including logos, fonts, print templates, 3D objects, mock-ups, and various illustrations.
Where are you based?
Artnivora_std is based in the breathtaking tropical paradise known as Indonesia, specifically in the region of Lampung. Here, we’re surrounded by numerous beautiful beaches and enjoy constant sunshine throughout the year, though sometimes it can get a bit too hot for comfort.
Tell me about your team’s background?
Creativity is like a gift, but not everyone is born with it. So, we’ve taken a different approach – we’re all about learning and learning and learning some more. It’s a never-ending journey of growth and discovery for us.
Instead of relying on natural creativity, we believe in the power of constantly improving and expanding our creative skills. That’s how we’ve evolved as creators and embraced new opportunities along the way!
How did you get into graphic design?
Getting into graphic design was a diverse journey for each member of our team. Everyone has their own unique story of how they entered this creative world.
Colibero – Serif Display Font by artnivora_std
What do you love about working in graphics?
The creativity and the unlimited possibilities!
You upload content across a few categories—do you have a favorite?
It’s difficult to pick a favorite. Each category holds a special place in our hearts, and our team members have their own preferences. Let’s just say we have a deep appreciation for all of them.
Tell me about your creative process
Our creative process varies depending on the project. For instance, when it comes to logo design, we offer two distinct styles: colorful gradients and mascots.
For mascots, our sketch artists conceptualize the design, and the logo team brings it to life. On the other hand, colorful gradient logos are created directly from references without sketching, where we play with concepts and colors.
What inspires your work?
Inspiration comes from a variety of sources within our team. Each team member has their own references and sources of inspiration.
However, we also draw inspiration from prominent creators like Jhon Ivan, and we look up to other influential figures in the design world, such as George Bokhua.
What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Well, the best advice came from one of our team members. They said, “Don’t settle too easily; keep pushing and give it your all.”
It’s all about not getting too comfy and striving for excellence. And there’s this other gem, in our own words, “You might not get paid for your hobbies, but the patience you put into the process is the real reward.” It’s a reminder to enjoy the journey and appreciate the learning curve as much as the final outcome. It’s the effort that really pays off.
What are your tips for other graphics creators?
- Passion Over Profit: Follow your heart and do what you love. It’s easy to get drawn to the allure of financial gain, but remember, real satisfaction comes from being passionate about your work. Your enthusiasm will shine through in your creations and attract others who share your passion.
- Learn and Improve Constantly: The world of graphic design is ever-evolving. Keep learning and upgrading your skills regularly. There’s always something new to discover, whether it’s a design technique, software feature, or a fresh design trend.
- Don’t Fear Mistakes: Mistakes are part of the learning process. Don’t be afraid to make them. They can lead to some of your most significant breakthroughs and innovations. Embrace them as valuable lessons.
- Build a Strong Portfolio: Showcase your work in a portfolio. It’s like your creative resume. Potential clients or employers will want to see what you’re capable of, so make sure your portfolio is well-organized and reflects your best work.
- Connect and Collaborate: Networking is a powerful tool. Connect with fellow designers, share your work, and collaborate on projects. You can learn a lot from others and gain valuable insights into the industry.
- Stay Inspired: Inspiration is everywhere. Whether it’s in art, nature, music, or everyday life, stay open to inspiration. It can trigger fresh ideas and keep your creativity flowing.
- Patience Pays Off: Success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and dedication. Be patient, keep refining your skills, and persist through challenges. The results will come.
- Understand Your Audience: Know who you’re creating for. Understanding your target audience’s preferences and needs is crucial in delivering designs that resonate with them.
- Love What You Do: Finally, remember that creating graphics should bring you joy. If you’re passionate about your work, it’ll shine through in your designs. So, keep the love for your craft burning bright.
What design trends do you love at the moment?
Currently, we’re really digging the abstract gradient trend. While we haven’t ventured into it yet, we’re definitely excited to explore and experiment with this trend in our future work. It’s all about keeping our creative process fresh and dynamic!
Nail Polish Mockup by artnivora_std
How has Envato helped your journey?
Envato? It’s been a game-changer for us at artnivora_std. Honestly, it’s one of the coolest places for digital art. They don’t go easy on us, though – their review process is tough! But that’s a good thing because it pushes us to step up our game and keep getting better. Envato has given us the stage to show off our work to a worldwide audience, and that’s been a huge boost to our journey as creators.
What makes you excited as a creator online?
The salary, I guess? I mean, the paycheck is nice and all, but what really fires us up is knowing that our art can reach people worldwide. It’s that feeling of connection and the thought that our work can make a difference in people’s lives. That’s what keeps us excited and inspired to keep creating.
What main programs, tools, or techniques do your team use?
Our creative toolkit is quite versatile. We use a variety of software and tools to bring our work to life. Here’s a glimpse of what we use for different aspects of our creations:
- CorelDRAW and Illustrator: These are our go-to software for designing logos and print templates.
- Procreate: When it comes to sketching, Procreate is our preferred tool for bringing ideas to life.
- Blender: For crafting 3D objects, we rely on Blender to add depth and dimension to our designs.
- Photoshop: We use Photoshop to create realistic mockups that help showcase our work in various contexts.
- Illustrator (again): Additionally, Illustrator plays a crucial role in our font design process, helping us create unique and engaging typefaces.
Each of these tools serves a specific purpose in our creative process, enabling us to produce a wide range of content across various categories.
How do you come up with new ideas?
Our template ideas are often born from the “pressure” of what’s happening around us. We keep our eyes on the market and what people are looking for, and that provides us with the inspiration to create something that meets those needs.
It’s a process of observing, understanding, and continuously honing our skills to deliver fresh and exciting templates that resonate with our audience.
If you want to be featured in your own Author story just like this one, then please fill out this form to provide some information and we’ll get back to you!